Tuesday, June 07, 2005

New Motivations and NYC reflection

I rarely get to see all of my family. My father loves to play with his camera. As a result I tend to see more pictures of family members than actual family members themselves. Recently my Aunt S came to visit the family. Aunt S and I are very much alike - very independnt, but afraid of opening ourselves up to people. When we let people in we really do let them in, but it takes a while to get there. Also, we both seem to be afraid of men and use our weight as a sheild to avoid having relationships with men. I still recall her fawning over men, but never having a relationship. It bothers me that I am so much like her and it was my own re-realization of this that has helped motivate me to change my life. Aunt S currently live alone in the midwest and life has finally take a turn in a good direction for her.
Anyway, my father sent me some pictures of their visit with her. I saw a few things that really gave me new motivation to loose weight and get in shape. First, the arm fat on Aunt S is so bad that it looks like she has two upper arms. You can see the fat spilling out of her t-shirt sleeves. Second, on both my Aunt S and her sister Aunt A, is the full-frontal wedgie. Its when the fat on your theighs is so abundant and your pants are so tight it looks like you have a wedgie in front.
These pictures were so sad, so disgusting.
It gave me new motivation to loose weight and keep it off.

Sit Ups: 30 (goal is 100)
NYC Walking: 7 miles in 5 days
Eating in NYC:
- I only got ice cream once
- Dim Sum is steamed and most of what I ate had shrimp
- Tapas was probably not as good for me as I would like it to be
- I drank more water than I could count
- I did not snack, but at meals
- At the conference I avoided all the junk food except 1 small penguine gummy candy

I did come home and go right back to the 1 mile Walk Away the Pounds program, but thats just to get me back to where I was. Also, good choices have been made at the supermarket - turkey from the deli, no pudge brownies, etc.

No comments: