Monday, June 27, 2005

New Goal Reached

I have been swimming for a week now and for a week I have managed to swim 1,000 meters. It was tough to begin, but now things are feeling much more natural. Now I just need to work on sticking to this workout so I can build more stamina. So I am canceling out one goal and replacing it with being able to do the 1,000 meters in a half hour. For anyone who may be curious what my beginners routine is, here you go:
Warm Up: 50 meters each Freestyle (Crawl), Breaststroke, Backstroke
Main: 100 meters Freestyle, 100 meters Breaststroke, 50 meters Backstroke
Using kickboard: 50 meters breaststoke kick and 50 meters freestyle kick until you have completed 200 meters (100 meters of each in total)
50 meters Backstroke, 100 meters Breaststroke, 100 meters Freestyle
Warmdown:50 meters each Backstroke, Breaststroke, Freestyle

I think this is a good workout for those who are just starting with swimming. Don't try to stick to the 30 minute time limit - I am only there out of luck and the reminants of my childhood swim team training.

Now all I need is this water proof MP3 player. Help me earn the money for it by clicking on the Google ads.

Thanks to everyone who sent me comments over the weekend, especially Rick! Congrats on your own signifigant weight loss. Your right, there is no magic dounut waiting for me. I have to bake it myself...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, thanks for the congrats. you can surely do the same. i know it. best of luck to you!