Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Animated Tuesdays

This is the second Tuesday in a row that I am FULL of energy. Usually at about 4pm I hit a mid-day lull. I want a nap, I don't want to do anything other than sit and watch tv, and often I do take a nap. Once I get to about 7pm the night owl in me wakes up and I have some energy again, but no motivation. Tuesdays have been different recently. Last week I came home from work, walked away the pounds, did my sit ups and realized I had not even broken a sweat. I went to a meeting and I was bouncing off the walls. Thinking back, I don't recall having eaten anything with sugar in it or done anything different. I thought it was just a much needed burst of energy reserves.
Today is Tuesday and I can already feel it happening. It is 3pm (ish) and I just took a walk to the other end of campus to drop some paper work off. Normally I would have the department secretary do this for me, but I didn't even consider such today. Granted it is beautiful outside, but normally I never go out without the promise of food (like next weeks ice cream social). So I plan on swimming again this afternoon. I have my swimming stuff in the car and I am ready to go (actually, I would love to blow off the rest of the day to swim). I suspect that I will find myself full of energy after as well, but will my current energy levels help me get through the work out? I am sticking to the same thing I did yesterday - just swimming whatever I feel like swimming for 30 minutes.
I just wish this energy lasted all week....

1 comment:

kimmyk said...

yah no kiddin...send some my way. I'm usually dead by 2pm.