Wednesday, June 22, 2005

More on the swimming

My endurance shot up in one day - just enough for me to not gasping for air after every 50 meters. I managed to get through a 1,000 meter work out which I thought was pretty good for 30 minutes in my state. My new goal is to maintain that for a week and next Tuesday I will see where I am and adjust the goal from there.
Even though I just started again, my time with Weight Watchers may be coming to an end simply due to financial reasons. I have to see in the next few days if I can make it all work out, but one way or another my Chocolate Caramel 2pt. Bar fixation will have to end. It saves me $5 a week if I cut those out. They are delicious, but not necessary.
I don't want to quit the meetings. I love having the opportunity to weigh in each week on a trustworthy scale. I need the meeting to vent, get encouraged, or to just socialize with others in my situation. I also KNOW I can not do it on my own. If I could do it on my own then I wouldn't be in this situaiton to begin with. If Will Power burned calories I would be at least 2 sizes smaller by now.

I had a very stressful night last night and I am pleased to say I did not turn to food. What it all boils down to is family gossip, a large misunderstanding, and my mother being put in the middle of a situation that has nothing to do with her. I have grown very protective of my mother in the past few years. She and I live on opposite ends of the country and this has been very good for our relationship. I happened to have moved to where she would like to be, but my father's job prevents them from being here. I now see how her family is, how they treat her and how she belittles herself in comparison to them. They see her (and me) as bellow them because we are not wealthy. They see us as weird because we are (god forbid!) feminists who demand equality from the men in our lives (for me it often becomes an excuse to NOT have a man in my life, but whatever). They make her feel bad about being absent and are two-faced in general and last night I think my tolerance of it hit the fan. If it hadn't been for my general exhaustion I would have stressed about it all night, but I begged her not to allow herself to be placed in the middle of a problem the family was having with me. Her brother used it as a distraction from issues that are very important to my mother and it worked. As you can see I am still dwelling on it, but it has not resulted in eating to make me feel better. As I told a friend later, I want to just swim my cares away. It doesn't sound as fun as dancing your cares away, but I don't really dance right now. So I have one hour before I can swim and dwell all at the same time.

No comments: