Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Stress....

I have been under a lot of stress for the past few days, mostly extended family related. I have been trying my best to not turn to food to help me through this and rather turn to something healtier. I admit I haven't been very successful with that goal. I have been swimming though and since my arms are no longer sore I have been able to swim a bit faster. By the end of July I would really like to have the stamina to do some flipturns though. I have also given my two week notice at my weekend job - the job where I spend much of my time eating donuts. I decided to give up trying to avoid them for the next three shifts because in trying to avoid them I just eat more. Maybe if I just eat donuts and muffins when I want them then I will be better off; I will do less damage if you will.
I have made a decision that I will probably not be weighing in until I am done at the gas station job. I am going to go to meetings for the support, but in general I am just going to avoid the weight in so I don't discourage myself. I just have to keep swimming and I eating properly the rest of the week. Maybe, if I feel as if it will be a good day, I will weight in this week. I just don't know right now... I have to get rid of the stress for the moment.

1 comment:

not specified said...

Sara, I am at one with you on the stressed out family for the Fourth crap. I also did not turn entirely away from food but I noticed that my consciousness of what I was eating (and how much I was moving) helped to mitigate the one and boost the other. Sounds like you need a break though. I swear families are enough to require a week extra off just to recover, which we don't have. Do the best you can do.