Monday, August 15, 2005

Being Accountable for My Choices

I am learning that it is important that one be accountable for their choices. It is important to be able to justify why we made the choices we made. I have been contacted by someone I havent spoken to in 10 years. I happen to remember why we stopped speaking, but she does not. She also still thinks of me as the girl I was 10 years ago. I have responded to her emails and I feel that it is important for her to understand who I am vs. who I was. Part of what I have left out is the one thing I am ashamed of: my weight.
She already wants to see me when I go home for Thanksgiving. I have until then to loose some weight. I have been very lax these past few weeks. I have had other things on my mind. I have gained a good 50 lbs in the 10 years. I don't intend to try and loose all of that, but 10 or 15 would be nice. I will need to swim when I get back from my vacation and get back on the WW plan even if I am not going to meetings.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I hope you don't fret too much about that, your weight is not who you are. Who cares what she thinks? Do it for yourself!

I like your blog title and surfed through our little Diet Blog ring. I'll be back!

Sara said...

It's all good and well to hear that, but the reality is that sometimes I need that external motivation to jump start or re-motivate me into doing something. Thank you for the positive encouragement though, it is appreciated.